Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What is Perfection???

I found this blog this morning.  I was supposed to be checking my email and facebook, real fast, but I clicked this link, and got hooked.  I read for 2 straight hours.   
This post really made think about my own life, and all the expectations I heap upon myself.  
About how much I beat myself up on a daily basis for not meeting these expectations.  
And how I treat my family... I don't ever want them to feel less than the amazingly perfect people they are.  We all have different gifts and talents to offer each other, myself included
 (no matter how hard it is for me to admit). 

I have a messy house, 
and for the life of me I can't seem to decorate it super cute like the ladies in my chruch.  
I am overweight, and rarely floss my teeth. I pick my nose.  I yell at my kids, I yell at my husband.  
I am not perfect, far from it.  
BUT;
 neither is that lady I envied the other day for her perfectly decorated and clean house, 
neither is the tiny little Mom I saw trying on her size 4 jeans, 
neither is Mr. and Mrs. So and So and their seemingly perfect marriage.

I know I am rambling now, but I guess what I am trying to say is... reading this post today really opened my eyes to how I treat myself and others.  I am really going to try to be loving, supportive and tolerant, to everyone around me, and not judge so quickly.  
I am going to be a better friend, mother, wife.
Click the link below, and take a minute to read the post,
it is thought provoking.





ps.  On this same blog, there is an equally important/moving post about bullying, READ IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment