Saturday, December 4, 2010

30 Day Challenge

I read a very inspiring blog post the other day,
 from one of my favorite people/bloggers (that I have actually never met).


Did you read it??  See, INSPIRING!
I think that's always my problem with the goals I set out for myself,
I start too big, and then fizzle out.
I want to run 3 miles in one day, when I know I can't even do 1 mile.
Or even get my ass on the treadmill.

We had a little scare not last month.  Not a big deal, but I though I was pregnant.  And that wouldn't be a bad thing, far from it.  I was just scared, cause I realized I haven't done any of the things I wanted -and needed- to do before we have our next baby... like potty training Clark, running a 5K, dropping a few hundred pounds.  I've been doing well on the other little goals I set for myself, a couple months ago.  My family is on a better schedule and on the way to better eating habits (that is taking a bit longer since someone -Dad- is such a big baby and junk food-aholic). 
 I am just not doing well on my running goal.  
I am no where near, where I should be for the end of December.  
We (my friend and I) set the date for our first race!
March 18, 8K, here in Virginia Beach.  
So, I have a little over 3 months to train myself to run 5 miles.  
I know I can do it.  I just have to take baby steps to get there.  

I am not a fan of running, I really hate it.
Like totally 100%
But it is something I want to do with all of my heart.
(I've just got to get my body on board.)

I am going to do a 30 day challenge where I run/jog/walk really fast,
EVERYDAY!
I am allowing myself to take Sundays off, 
but I am jogging all the other six days of the week, 
for the next month, until Janurary1.
I am going to start the new year out right, ahead of a goal, on track!
And maybe this running everyday will help me develop a good habit, 
so that when I start pushing myself longer and harder, 
I will be able to stay on task, instead of just giving up.
I can't wait.  I really really am hoping I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment