Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions!

Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. 
Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.
 ~ Mark Twain




I had a wonderful, wonderful New Years with my family, and friends. I am so blessed to have so many good people in my life.  I am not very proud of myself.  A lot of things (read- most of the things) I wanted to do and accomplish last year, I did not.  Not even close.  I have not lost any weight, in fact I have steadily gained weight.  I am not closer to running a marathon or any race (although, I do have my first one scheduled for March 18, 2011).  Nothing was crossed of my bucket list, in fact I only succeeded in adding things to it.  There is  so much I want to do, and now more than ever I feel ready to do them.  I feel PUMPED and excited, ready for anew.  I am excited for this new year, I am excited for my little family.  And now, without further ado, my obligatory New Year Resolutions.

2011

1.  Run 3 races.*  Size matters not, and at least one of them I have to run the entire time without stopping.  By the end of the year I would really love to be able to run 3-5 miles, without stopping, and without feeling like I am going to DIE.
2. Lose 2-5 pounds every month.*  Which equals out to about 24-60 pounds this whole year.  
3.  Learn to crochet.  I want to make a hat, scarf, ornaments for my Christmas tree next year, and Granny squares so I can make a quilt.
4.  Read my Book of Mormon, cover to cover, at least twice.  I have not done this in YEARS.
5.  Also there are three classes I am interested in taking; yoga, photography and singing.

There ya go.  Something for the body, mind and soul.  None of them too overwhelming, all of them within my grasp.  I can do it, you can do it, WE CAN DO IT!   Happy New Years!!!  2011 is going to ROCK.



**  Also, one of my hopes this year is to add another baby to the Bosko family.  That may make two of my top goals a little harder, but I am confident I can still keep them.  If needs be I can walk my races, and (safely) diet while I am pregnant.  It is possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment