Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Walk.

I started my worked out yesterday, a whole week later than I wanted.  Bad April.  
The 7:00 am thing was/is not working for me, at all.  Not only is it nearly impossible for me to drag my self out of bed to do the thing I hate most, my treadmill wakes up the boys, and then all chance for me to workout is gone anyway.  So I am trying to squeeze it in while Clark is at school, which would be an ideal time, except Harry hates it for some reason, and tries to claw at my legs or sit on the treadmill while I am jogging. Ugh.  I can't win.  
I think I am just going to have Jason move it into the garage, so I can get up in the morning, without waking anyone up.  And even though I HATE getting up early, it is so much better than having a workout looming over my head all day.
Anyway, the point of my posting.  I started my new routine yesterday.  And it was a walking day.  It felt so nice to just walk.  Not have to push myself to run, not have to feel like a big fat failure because I can't run.  Just walk.  Walk out the stress and of the past week (and boy oh boy was it a stressful one).  Just walk.  I didn't go as far as I wanted, only a mile and a half, about thirty minutes.  But it felt good, and I felt good for the rest of the day.
I need to be better at making my workouts a priority.  It is all to easy for me to put it off.  Today is already looking bad, I've got 37 loads of laundry to do, and a houseful of kids (I am babysitting for a friend).  Even if I have to do it at 10:00 pm at night, I will.  Maybe.  No, I really will.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment