Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Going through the motions...or complaining how unfair my life is.

Jason has a fitness test coming up that he has to pass, so the time set aside in the evening when I normally workout, has now been taken over by Jason. (Not fair!)  I give up drinking soda completely, and I am hating every minute of it...with no results.  Jason switches to diet soda and still drinks like a fish and losses weight?!?  (Not fair!)  While I can barley run for 15 minutes without getting out of breath, Jason all the sudden decides he wants to be a runner and jumps on the treadmill running 4 miles like it's no big deal. (Not fair!)  I am starving trying to eat my pathetic little chicken salad, while Jason is stuffing his hole with a tasty sausage hot dog and french fries...NOT FAIR!!  I swear if I hear another person ask Jason if he's lost weight, or tell him how good he looks...I will freak out! (So, not fair!)  He is such a pain in my side right now, always saying how much he supports me and wants to help out...Yet, getting junk for dinner, filing our freezer with ice cream I have to convince my self not to eat, and fighting me on every change I want to make.   Arg!

I am just not doing very well on my goals, any goals. 
It seems all I can manage to do, is what I need to do...take care of the boys, clean up after the boys, laundry (ALWAYS so much laundry), making sure the house is in order, you know the basics. I can never find the energy or time to do the extra things I want to do.  When I do find few minutes to do something extra, the entire house and family falls down around me. It is so frustrating. I just don't know how to do it.  

2 comments:

  1. I tried posting this a while ago but can't find it.
    If you were going to redecorate your bedroom you would start little by little. ( unless you have the money to hire someone)You would first get new bedding, then curtains, maybe a rug, some lamps, etc. It would be way to overwhelming to throw it all out and rush to get new things that you might not like.
    Now, if you took your time you could really focus on what you buy, and if it is really what you want.
    So, sister, the same goes for your body. You didn't get here over night and all at once. So doing the reverse needs to be the same. You probably started eating a little more, exercising a little less, had a few babies. And now here you are. Trying to remodle your whole life all at once! Pick one thing and stick to it for a month.ONE thing. Then pick something else, do them both for a month and work your way up. Who wouldn't fail every time when suddenly you go to NO caffine, NO sugar, few carbs, low fat, more exercise? OVERLOAD!!! Please just be happy with you, an amazing mother, talented writer, knowledgable reader, generous friend.
    Just by you doing this blog is better than what you were doing August 19,2008. You inspire me, and I am grateful for you taking the time to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, this blog is the coolest thing someone could do. Good job, seriously. Being so honest about the situation and exactly how you feel about it is a very good thing. I'm pretty honest about my chubbiness and my insecurities about it and it actually makes me feel better. Remember when my profile pic was of me topless with moobs, in a growling attack kind of pose? It was embarrassing but also helps me to be honest an open like that. This is great and I want to read any time you update it. I do think it will be helpful in trying to accomplish what you want to.

    I like your idea of joining that gym for $30. Find some way to be able to sneak out of the house a few times a week and throw yourself into that exercise environment with all the different classes you can take. Getting out and doing something yourself would be good, and crap at the gym might be hard but you'll probably end up having fun if you do some different classes

    ReplyDelete