Monday, November 2, 2009

This is what they call yo-yo dieting... and I am a Pro at it.

Enjoying my Mexican fiesta at Cholo's, on my Halloween cheat day!
So, the whole diet thing has not been going well.  Stress, vog (the nasty volcano fog that makes it hard for me to breath, and see, and sleep and gives me pounding headaches), allergies, church parties, kids, and just plain holiday fever...it feels like everyday it is something else, something that is making it harder and harder to make  the right food decisions.  
Last week was great, except I couldn't stay on my diet.  
My cheat day was not as fun as I thought it would be, my food was yummy and it was fun going out with the family...but I felt like a cheater (cause I had already cheated all week) and I shouldn't get such a tasty reward for that.  

I wish I could say that I have started over fresh, psyched and ready for this new week.  BUT, I haven't... I had cold pizza for breakfast (courtesy of my husband) and I am planning on having a cook out with my sister later this week.  On a positive note, I have hardly eaten any of the left over Halloween candy, and I have been doing well on exercising (not super good, but good enough).

I didn't even weigh myself yesterday, and I am too afraid to get on the scale today.  This is going to be a hard holiday season...

I wish I could get that focus back that I had a couple weeks ago, when I was doing so well.  

This is not the end.  I will get back on that horse (or treadmill) and start over, yet again, and probably not for that last time.  It is just going to take me longer (a lot longer) than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment