Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Great Gym Debate

So, I decided not to join the gym after all.  We can use the money elsewhere (like my second dvr I made Jason get me, and my Netflix account).  Mostly the things I want to work on, like my running, can be done without a gym pass.  I will miss the opportunity to go to some of the classes that I wanted...but there is always time for that later.
I am thinking of getting some exercise videos to do in the morning, because it is too loud to use the treadmill when the boys are sleeping.  I have no idea what I want to get.   Something aerobic, and maybe with some strength weight training.  I want to try that P90X workout, but I don't think I am tough enough ;)  Maybe a yoga video.  I want to get a couple different types, so I want switch of through out the week.
My plan is to get up Monday-Friday 6:30AM and do the videos, and then go running when Jason gets home Monday, Wednesday and Friday with a long run (to work on my stamina) on Sunday.  Ambitious?  Yes, maybe.  Do-able? Yes, definitely.

1 comment:

  1. Don't do the Yoga! I bought a Denise Austin fat-burn yoga workout video. I thought, "I can lose weight while standing still! Sweet!" Little did I know. I couldn't walk for two days after I did it. But, if standing on one foot and grabbing your toes while standing like a tree is your thing, go for it. I just am too big of a whimp to try it.

    ReplyDelete