Friday, September 4, 2009

Baby Steps or Starting Over...again

I overwhelm myself too easily.  Way too easily.  I am not happy with things being just okay, I want it to be awesome, perfect...the best I can do.  Which does sound REALLY weird saying, because I am not a perfectionist at all (not even close), I just want to be able to do it all, and do it well.
Lately, I have been piling up everything on my plate, way too much...without even thinking about how I would be able to do any of it.  
I have been working tirelessly trying to stay on top of the wretched sugar ants that have taken over my kitchen, and all the other household chores I have to do (freaking laundry in the bane of my existence).  I have been trying to find time to motivate myself to work out, when all I want to do is curl up in a ball and sleep.  I want to read, I want to sew, I want to watch re-runs of Criminal Minds ALL DAY LONG, and I really want a diet coke and slice of pizza, with extra pepperoni.  I want, I want, I want.

So, in a effort to lessen the amount of THINGS on my plate, I am starting over.  I am not going to count my calories and obsess over every type of food I eat, I am just going to try eat smaller portions.  I am going to be OKAY with just working out for 15-20 minutes, as long as I do it everyday....okay every other day.  I am giving up my caffeine and soda, yet again (but this time for GOOD, I am serious).  

I am just going to start small.  Do one thing at a time, and not worry about all the things I am not doing.  I am going to take baby steps...baby steps to that spin class, baby steps to no more sugar (and pepperoni pizza), baby steps to running three miles, baby steps.  And I am not going to beat my self up when I can't do it all in one week, or even one month.  I think my new mantra needs to be something like...Rome wasn't built in a day, or all great things take time.  

I can, and will do it. (I am still trying to convince myself.)

ps. This is day 2 of no soda for me, and day 3 of working out everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment