Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Clean up on aisle 4!

Over the weekend I HAD to go clothes shopping. 
Now, I am not a shooper.  I will spend hours in a book store, or at a swap meet.  I can shop for shoes, jewelry, and even kid clothes.  But I HATE shopping for clothes!  It has never been easy or fun for me.  Even when I was younger, when I wasn't so plumpy, I was still bigger than girls my age.  I was beyond curvy and I could never find things that were appropriate to wear.  So, I would just find something that wasn't hideous and I felt comfortable in, and I would wear that over and over until it was barely holding together, then go try to find somethings else.
The last time I did some major shopping was when I was pregnant with Harry.  I got a few outfits and wore them through out my entire pregnancy, and well I just kept on wearing them, thats how much I hate shopping (oh, and also how poor we are).  My shorts were fraying everywhere and well...they didn't even fit me anymore, and not in the good way.  They were too tight.  I don't think there is any worse feeling, knowing that you are so fat that the clothes you wore when you were 9 months pregnant don't fit anymore. 
Worse. Feeling. Ever.
So, I HAD to go shopping.
I moved up a size in my shorts and shirts... 
XXL and size 20!  
OMG, I can't believe I just put that out there, for everyone to see, size 20...you know that is in the plus size section.
I am in the PLUS SIZE section.  
HEART. BROKEN. 
 I knew my old size didn't fit me, but that didn't keep me from trying it when I got to the store, and sobbing hysterically when they didn't magically fit me.
Hopefully, this will be the wake up call I need, to stop draggin' my feet and get to work.  As much as it feels nice to wear clothes that fit, and I don't look like a rag-a-muffin any more... I just wish that I could be writing about going a size or two down.
This is going to be the summer of slimmin' down!  No more making crazy plans and half-way keeping them.  No more being lazy.  I want to do it, for reals this time!
For. Real.
It is not going to be easy, especially since we moving this summer.  A big move, and a big road trip.  But I am determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment