Sunday, July 19, 2009

Breakfast of Champions

I am not a big breakfast eater, in fact I don't even like breakfast foods....unless it is a giant sticky bun loaded with nuts, or a chilly can of diet coke (and my last goal says I can't have that anymore) I am just not interested.  I know how important eating a good meal at the start of the day is, it jumps starts your metabolism, and sets you up for success or failure for the rest of the day.  So I have been searching for something healthy that I could eat every morning.  I tried yogurt, but I really just hate it.  I don't like the texture or the smell and I would gag every time I would try to eat it, and besides it wasn't filling enough to get me through the morning.  I tried healthy cereals, but unless they are coated in sugar I just have no interest.  I was going crazy and hungry...
Then I found these little whole wheat tortillas at the store, high in fiber, low in carbs and only 50 calories.  Delicious!  So, for the past few mornings I have been making me this very tasty and healthy breakfast burrito.  It goes like this;
1 scrambled egg with pepper and salt
1 small handful of black beans
1 even smaller handful of left over veggies (onions, peppers, tomatoes...anything left over from the night before)
1 sprinkle of fat free cheddar cheese
1 tbsp of salsa
All piled on top my little whole wheat tortilla, yum-o!
You know what they say about having a healthy well rounded breakfast...that it will keep you full longer through out the morning, that it will help you reduce you snacking through out the day, and give you more energy...well guess what, IT'S TRUE.  I have been converted, this breakfast skipper is now a full blown breakfast eater.  Now, I just have to get off my bum and work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment