Thursday, October 8, 2009

4 days down, forever to go.

I am doing surprisingly well on the new diet...I mean LIFESTYLE CHANGE.  I am trying to stop calling it a diet, because I don't plan on ever stopping.  Later on down the road, when I am FINALLY losing weight, I might/will have a treat now and then (cause how can you give up Mexican food forever).  But for the most part, I really feel like I have turned over a new leaf.

It is not as hard as I thought it would be.  I am not as hungry as I thought I would be either.  Don't get me wrong, I would die for a Mt. Dew Slurpee or a piece of cheese or an Oreo (oh, I miss Oreos), but I am full and I know that these cravings are just my old BAD habits trying to get out and get a little love.  Tonight I had a piece of grilled chicken and a small  red potato...let me tell you that potato tasted like a TREAT!  Most everything I am eating would taste loads better with a little salt and butter, or any sort of condiment....but so far NO cheating!  I didn't think I would last this long.  Jason and the boys have been eating what I make, or Jason makes his own dinner (like tonight they are having french fries, and I am ok with that and not even tempted).
  
I love this new focus I have, this determination to stay on target....I haven't felt this way in a long time.  Now, if only I could get this same feeling in the WORKING OUT department...then I would be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment