Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Quiet Time

This is the hardest time, this quiet time.  When the boys are gone and my house still and quiet.  When the house is dark, except for the flickering light of my tv shows.  My time, my favorite time.  This is when I would normally get a snack...a big bowl of ice cream, some cookies and milk, or some crispy salty potato chips.  It is so weird to be sitting here, eating nothing.  Sure, I could munch on some carrots, or have an orange, they would probably be satisfying and my craving would leave.  But I really really miss junk food, the comfort of it, the familiarity of it.  I always like doing two things....watching tv and snacking, reading my books and snacking, surfing the web and SNACKING.  It feels unnatural to not be eating.  I miss it.  But I am doing the better thing...   Right?  I know I am, but it is hard to change all of myself so fast.  

My poor little chubby self is sad...she wants some cheese.

On a more positive note, having fruit back in my diet is such a treat.  I hardly feel like I am dieting anymore.  I don't want to over do it, because I can already tell that having the sugar back in my body (even though it is good sugar) is making me hungrier faster, and making want to eat more than I have been the last couple weeks.  I need to be careful...

No comments:

Post a Comment