Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Eight Days of Cheating

I am loving this diet, I mean lifestyle change, and I am planning on sticking to it for the long haul.  BUT, I am still a chubby girl at heart, and I love love love food.  Really good food!  Steamy carne asade with guacamole and corn tortillas, crispy bacon, homemade mac and cheese, steak and fries, and Dairy Queen.  I miss food so much.  I miss that warm feeling when you're stuffed to the brim with food, sugary, salty, tasty food.  So, in an honest effort to stay true to my chubby inner self, I am planning eight days of cheating over the next seven months.  
Here are my allowed cheat days:

October 31st Halloween - Mexican Food!!!  I am dying for some beans and guacamole.
November 26th Thanksgiving - We are getting TWO pies, and making homemade mac and cheese...and ROLLS.
December 24th and 25th Christmas and Christmas Eve - French toast and bacon, ham and mashed potatoes...and MORE pie.
December 31st New Year's Eve - Out to dinner at Zia's, our yearly tradition.
February 15th Clark's Birthday - BBQ and CHIPS!
March 11th Jason's Birthday - Hmmm... it will be Jay's choice, but I know it will be so tasty.
April 28th Our Anniversary - Steak, fries, ice cream...and what ever else I can get my hands on.

Those are the days I am living for.  These planned days make it so much easier for me not to cheat now.  Every time I want to eat something I am not supposed to, I just think....18 more days until Halloween, I can do it.  (Jason and I spent an hour planning our Halloween dinner the other night, I CAN'T wait!)  I am going to try not to go too overboard on these days, but I am going to make it fun.  I am hoping by next May I will have lost enough weight that I can add a few more cheat days for the rest of the year....but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment